Another 19 year old blogger from Melbourne, Australia

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

5 Greatest Escapes

Travelling is one of my all time favourite things to do! I absolutely love it. Being as passionate about travelling as I am, I recently caught one of those late night documentaries about amazing places on Earth. Of course I headed straight for Google after and looked them up. I don't consider myself to have lived until I go to these places myself, so beautiful! Here's my top 5.

The Verzasca River, Swiss Alps
The Verzasca is a Swiss 30-km long mountain river originating at Pizzo Barone and flowing into Lake Maggiore. This river is no normal river, it has some of the clearest turquoise waters of the world! I can only imagine what it's like to swim through this, I've heard it's like swimming through air it's so clear and light. What a feeling!

Japanese Maple Tree, Austin, TX
Isn't this just beautiful! Imagine sitting under that tree right there. There is not a lot of history about the Japanese Maple Tree in Texas, but it was just too pretty not to add into this list. Definitely wouldn't mind going there when I'm having a bad day. Looks like a Barbie's dream place.

Moraine Lake, Canada

How beautiful is this!! Tranquil and calm come to mind when I look at photos of this lake. And this isn't any ordinarily lake. The colour, being so unbelievably blue, is due to the refraction of light off the rock flour. Now I'm really not a Winter person, and become miserable in the cold, but I would bear the negative degree temperatures any day to hike this!

Ocean of Flowers, Luoping

Now this small county of Luoping lies in the relatively underdeveloped eastern part of the Yunnan Province. This could be any ordinary place except during every spring, the entire county transforms into an ocean of canola flowers, attracting what I would think to be thousands of travelers. An ocean of flowers, need I say more?

Tosua Ocean Trench, Samoa

Isn't this place just... perfect? This beauty is located in Lotofaga village and has been converted into a large swimming area. It looks like heaven! I can't wait to visit this place one day. It's also surrounded by rain forests, blowholes and other small beaches and waterfalls. The world is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment