Another 19 year old blogger from Melbourne, Australia

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happily Ever After

So I haven't ever been one to stick to my resolutions. I always end up getting to the end of the year, trying to think back on all the things I never finished and all the goals I gave up on. That is why I've decided to compile a list of goals to achieve by the end of the year. Isn't it the best feeling when you actually achieve what you wanted? You finished what you started? I think it's safe to say 2012 was a year of procrastination and unfinished projects.

Think more positive
Can't say I do this enough. It's always hard to turn your thoughts to 'everything will be okay' and 'it will all work itself out' when you feel like you've had the worst day and just want to crawl under the blankets and never come out. Instead of locking yourself away in the darkness, how about (dare I say) go out and get some exercise? I mean we all know exercise gives us endorphins, right? So basically it's proven to make you happier already. I need to stop finding things wrong with every situation, because what I'm learning is no matter how bad a situation is - it always blows over, and things always find their way back.



Be more organised
As the naturally unorganised person I am, I'm constantly double booking, getting dates mixed up, unable to find any of my belongings and lose track of all he days. Days all seem to blur into one nowadays and this doesn't bode well with my messy organisational skills. I don't know about you, but I feel a lot more sorted and in control when I know exactly what is happening and when.
“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.”
Choose the healthier option
Now I don't want to ban myself from ever eating a sweet again, because really that's just unrealistic, but I think choosing healthier choices definitely helps maintain a happy lifestyle. Sometimes the food we eat makes us feel lethargic and tired but we just don't know it! I've recently got onto the idea of clean eating and it's just amazing the foods you can make with vegan options. They all look so delicious and I feel I'm about to enter a cooking phase! These are some of my favourites for those who want to try a bit of experimenting! Oh She Glows, The Vegan Stoner and Lunch Box Bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment